Monday, May 2, 2011

Seeking Divine Order to Your Life

"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not be anxious for tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own." Matthew 6:33-34(NASB)

Talk about the utmost lesson in prioritizing. Seek God's kingdom first, and everything else will fall into place. Lately, I've been having trouble keeping first things first. Everybody and everything keeps demanding my attention. The problem is that satisfying all these things and people has left me unfulfilled, disappointed, and frustrated. And rightfully so because I have allowed other things to take God's place in my life, which should be first!

I was created for God's glory alone, and He is the only one I should be seeking to please. I must follow God's plan for my life, and seek Him daily. If we study His Word, spend time with Him in prayer, and really listen to what He would have us to do, we would be a lot better off in this life. Jeremiah 29:11 assures us that God knows the plans He has for our lives, and we should be walking according to God's will to reap all the benefits of His plan for us.

Your actions will betray your priorities. What are your actions saying you value most in this life? If your actions aren't pointing to God's kingdom, you may need to evaluate where your focus lies. That's what I'm doing right now in my life: evaluating. It's time to identify those things that are enhancing the kingdom of God and concentrate my efforts on those. All this other filler and fluff (not necessarily bad things, mind you) need to take a backseat. I am going to seek God's kingdom first and His righteousness, so that everything else takes care of itself in divine order.

No comments:

Post a Comment