Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Getting My Priorities Straight in 2012

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matthew 6:33 (KJV)
For 2012, I am challenging myself to put the kingdom of God in first place.  Everything I do should have a kingdom motive if it's done from a kingdom perspective.  From brushing my teeth, to working on my job, to smiling at strangers on the street, everything in which I participate should show forth the love of Jesus Christ.  This does not mean that I will be busier in the church building, but it does mean that I will be busier being the church.  It is time that we, as the body of Christ, did more to bridge gaps among us and work together to further the kingdom of God through Jesus Christ. 

You have to pray and ask God how you can best serve the kingdom.  We all have to do our own respective parts for the body to move as it should in the earth.  We have to stop fighting each other over things that have no bearing on salvation.  If we all will seek the kingdom and God's righteousness, I believe we will find ways to work together to spread the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I also believe that kingdom-seekers won't spend a lot of time spinning their wheels going nowhere.  Sometimes we need to cut some unnecessary things off!

I am getting my priorities straight, and seeking the kingdom this year.  Can I count on you to help me?  If you notice me getting off course, will you nudge me back on track?  Will you love me enough to encourage me to succeed?  Let's get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment