Thursday, July 19, 2012

And There You Have It

Isaiah 41:10 NLT "Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand."

The Bible is filled with God's promises, and every now and then, we just need to be reminded of God's faithfulness.  It doesn't matter if it looks like the enemy is winning; God is in control.  We need not be discouraged by the appearance of the situation.  It may seem like it can only turn out one way, but we must trust God above all else.

Our senses are no match for God's omnipotence.  Just because we can't see where our deliverance is coming from doesn't mean it isn't coming.  When all the doors and windows are blocked, God can lift us up through the roof to our blessing.  Stop trying to have all the answers.  God already knows how He's going do it, and His ways are not our ways.

This promise in Isaiah tells me in simple terms: "Don't sweat it; I am ahead of this game.  Don't you know me by now?  I am the only wise God, the Sovereign above all.  You are mine, so I have made perfect plans for you.  Trust me."  Trusting God isn't always easy when we're playing chicken with a life-changing decision, but it is ALWAYS best.

No comments:

Post a Comment