Thursday, October 11, 2012

I've Got My Own Problems!

"Right now I"m having so much trouble with D. L. Moody, that I don't have time to criticize my friends." ~ D.L. Moody

There is so much work to be done with Jennifer that I really just don't have the time or energy to worry about what's wrong with the rest of the world.  Things can always be better, but the person who deserves my focus in that regard is me.  God has given me the desire and resources to get myself together first and foremost.

When you are being given safety instructions on an airplane, the flight attendant says for you to get your oxygen mask on first before assisting anyone else with theirs.  How are you going to help someone else if you're passed out?  Well, I've come to the conclusion that life is just like those oxygen masks.  I can't point at you to criticize how crooked yours is, if mine isn't even on and I'm gasping for air!

My primary responsibility to you is not to tell you what you're doing wrong, but to love you with the love of Christ.  Love covers a multitude of sins (I Peter 4:8).  I find that most people know when they are doing something wrong, backwards, ineffective, or foolish.  It is truly pointless to argue or try to force someone to your way of thinking (maybe you're the one who's wrong).  State your case, voice your opinion, and move on.

Bottom line: focus on your own faults, rather than find fault with others.  I guarantee that their fault will find them eventually.  Meanwhile, you will be much happier not worrying about what's wrong with the rest of the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment