Wednesday, May 29, 2013

What About You?

Psalm 23:6 (KJV) Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

David had absolutely no doubt in the entire 23rd Psalm. Everything he penned was obviously an undisputed fact, absolute truth. There was no “maybe” or “might” or “perhaps” involved in the whole thing. This is what is, has been, and forever shall be because God is true. God’s character is unchanging. The LORD is my shepherd!
 
I, like David, can rely on the undisputed character of the living God in everything I may face. Even in the valley of the shadow of death, I need not fear evil. God has me forever. I can hide my heart in His hands and never worry about the trials of this life. There is an enormous amount of peace that I find in following the Lord.
 
He corrects me when I am wrong, He guides me when I am lost and wavering, He loves me unconditionally. In His love is anything I could ever need. There really is no choice for me except to follow Him. I cannot expect the fulfillment of the promises without making the commitment. David made a commitment to surrender his life to the Lord, and he was able to affirm his relationship with God over and over. He knew where he would spend eternity as a result of that relationship. What about you?  

No comments:

Post a Comment