Monday, June 10, 2013

Finish Strong!

Acts 20:24 (NIV)  However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.

As I look at how many calendar pages I have flipped already in 2013, I am reminded of how many years of my life have flipped by like those pages. Time on this earth is not an infinite commodity. We should spend what precious little of it we have to prepare for eternity. We are in a race, a spiritual race, and our goal should be to finish strong.
The Lord has given each of us a job to do, and we need to be about it. We don’t know how much time we have left, so we have to allocate our time wisely. Sometimes we need to stop, reevaluate, refocus, and realign with our God-given purpose in life. It will seem like everyone is passing you up, but this race is not about speed; it’s about endurance.
What is your life on this earth worth compared to eternity? Complete the task the Lord Jesus gave you, and focus on those things which are eternal. He offers grace enough to finish strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment