Monday, September 23, 2013

Jesus Paid It All

Jesus paid it all;
All to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain;
He washed it white as snow.

There is nothing I can do to earn salvation.  There is no To-Do list that I can check off to obtain grace.  Jesus Christ did everything thousands of years ago that needed to be done for my redemption.  My responsibility is to accept that gift and enter into a grateful relationship with my Creator through my Savior.  BUT... it doesn't stop there.
 
All to Him I owe.  I have an obligation to do more than just accept Jesus Christ as my Savior.  I owe Him everything I have: life, health, hope, joy, peace, contentment.  Without Him, I have no being.  Without Him, I am nothing.  I owe it to Him to take His yoke upon me and learn of Him.  The least I can do is study His life - His walk, His talk, His obedience to God the Father, His unwavering faith that God's Will would be done.
 
He will never need us to justify His sacrifice, but the least we can do is acknowledge what He's done for us and do our very best to please Him.  Although salvation is free, there is a cost.  If we want to reign with Him, we have to deny ourselves, take up our cross and follow Him.  We have to be willing to give up everything for the cause of Christ.  He already paid it all, and we can't repay Him, but shouldn't we at least live for Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment