Monday, March 24, 2014

Perspective

Psalm 63:1 (NLT)
O God, you are my God;
    I earnestly search for you.
My soul thirsts for you;
    my whole body longs for you
in this parched and weary land
    where there is no water.
Sometimes we find ourselves in a parched and weary land. In this life there will be trials, there will be difficulties, and there will be challenges. All the adversity that we face merely lets us know that we are still living. We live, we learn, and we grow through our tough times. There is, however, a perspective that will ensure that we are not consumed by our trials.

When we focus on the almighty God, we can endure the storms in peace. We know that all things are working out for our benefit, if we love God and are called according to His purpose. Like David, we must throw our entire beings into the pursuit of God. Pain is real, the struggle is real, disappointments are real, and no one has a right to tell you otherwise; however, God is MORE real. He has the power to bring you through whatever you may have to suffer.

Make up in your mind that you will chase God above all else, and you will find that the anxiety, worry, and stress lessen almost immediately. I know that God is greater than everything else, so I can rest calmly in Him. Although I am in this parched and weary land, I know that God will provide the water I need to survive. I relentlessly pursue my God; I can’t let up, and I can’t give up. In His presence is the fullness of joy, and that is where I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment