Friday, May 30, 2014

Trust in His Word!

Isaiah 55:11 (NASB)
So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth;
It will not return to Me empty,
Without accomplishing what I desire,
And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.

If God said it, then it has to happen. Whatever God has spoken over me is never a maybe, but always a SHALL. How often do we forfeit the peace that should be ours by not trusting that what God says is true? There are so many promises in the Word of God for us to hold on to. There is something in the Bible for every situation and for every circumstance. God Himself has declared that His Word will accomplish what He sent it to do. God cannot lie; we can rely on His Word.

What God knows about me is more certain than what anyone else thinks about me. What God has spoken concerning me is as sure as the sun rising in the east. Even if I don’t see it today, I can trust that it’s on the way. I am confident that God will complete the work He has begun in me. I may not have the time, skill, or resources to do it on my own, but that’s just how the Father works. If you could do it on your own, you might not want to give Him the glory for it.

Heaven and earth will pass away, but God’s Word is eternal. Speaking to your mountain in faith will move it. Imagine how much more you can do if you speak to your mountain in faith with God’s own words! Consider how much more powerful your prayers can be if you pray God’s words back to Him. He told us that they can’t return to Him empty. We can also honor God with our obedience to His Word. If He can but speak creation into existence, surely His Word is enough to sustain us throughout this life.

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. ~Psalm 119:105


No comments:

Post a Comment