Friday, September 26, 2014

The Secret to Contentment

Philippians 4:11-12(NASB) Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.

I used to think that I was content with my life until I really felt content with my life. I don’t think I have ever been happier than I am now, and it isn’t because things are so much better than they ever were. It’s because I’ve truly learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I finally have peace with who I am and where I am. What changed?

Earlier this year I had a major surgery to deal with some medical issues that I had been having for a while. There were so many unknowns going into that surgery that I had an emotional meltdown about every week. There were so many tests, scopes, scans, scrapes, consultations and referrals that I didn’t think I would ever be well again. But God! He put me in the right place at the right time to have the right surgeon with the right set of experience and expertise for my unusual case.

Recovery was a long road, but I can testify that right now I feel better than I’ve felt in years! Anytime I feel like complaining about anything, all I have to do is think about what I was going through earlier this year, and I immediately thank God for life, health and strength. The secret to contentment is gratefulness!

No comments:

Post a Comment