Thursday, December 31, 2015

Perspective on Reality

It’s all about perspective. Everything that happened during 2015 was a blessing, a lesson, or a bit of both. As we approach a brand new year, let us give thanks for all that the LORD has done. If we choose to live in victory, in spite of our circumstances, we will find that God’s promises are true. When we focus on the negative, we lose sight of the marvelous development of character that God is bringing about in us.

Every new day brings brand new mercy and new opportunities. I am not the glass-half-full eternal optimist type of person, but I do know how good God is. I know that if God allows something to happen in my life that it is for my good and for His glory. I have learned that gratefulness will help me get through the rough times by remembering all of His many benefits. I believe that God has a plan for me that will not harm me.

I have to make the choice to be content every day, in every situation. I choose to trust that God has me exactly where He wants me to be to fulfill the purpose that He has for my life. There is no better place that I can be. If that is my perspective, then that will be my reality. I am resting in the will of God for my life, and I will live like I know that God is sovereign.

Romans 8:28 (NLT) And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

Jeremiah 29:11 (NLT) For I know the plans I have for you, says the LORD. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

Philippians 4:11 (NLT) Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment