Thursday, September 30, 2010

Reasonable Service?

Romans 12:1 (KJV) "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service."

What does reasonable service mean?  The NASB uses the phrase "spiritual service of worship."  The ultimate worship you can offer God is you.  All the hallelujahs in the world won't compare to the delight the Father will have in you if you surrender yourself as an act of worship.  When we recognize that we have nothing to offer God, we've actually begun to realize how important our relationship with Him is.  In order to take full advantage of that relationship (i.e. love, joy, peace), we have to give up everything we think we are.

This is my prayer: "God, I am nothing outside of you.  Lord, I have nothing besides what you have seen fit to give me.  Everything that you have given me, I now give back to you to show you how much I love and trust you.  Help me to take you at your Word.  Help me to know that your grace is sufficient for me.  I don't need to hold on to things to feel important or safe.  I don't need to focus on money, titles, positions, advancement, friends, family, or anything but you.  As long as I keep you in my sight, I will walk on the water.  For I can do ALL THINGS through Christ who gives me strength.  In Jesus' matchless name, I pray.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment