Thursday, October 7, 2010

Contentment

I was really hung up on this song by Luther Barnes called "So Satisfied" today. The song states how I'm so satisfied with my Savior, and how He means more to me than anything that the world could ever offer.  Philippians 4:11 (KJV) reads as follows:  "Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."

Jesus should mean more to us than anything that the world has.  No matter what we don't have materially, we should be content in Jesus Christ.  Being content doesn't mean that we aren't striving to have and be the best.  Being content means that we recognize that as long as we have Jesus, we already have everything we need.  Jesus Christ is the source and finish of all our desires, hopes, and dreams.  In Him, I am content.

What about you?

1 comment:

  1. In Christ Jesus I am content.....thanks jenn I love it...

    ReplyDelete