Friday, October 29, 2010

Look in the Mirror

Well, I have been ill since October 8th.  My appetite still isn't back to normal, and I've lost a lot of weight.  God used this time to hold a mirror up to my face, so I could see how stupid I've been.  For a while there, I couldn't watch TV, I couldn't read a book, and I couldn't listen to any music.  He only wanted me to listen to HIM.  When I finally went to the doctor, he couldn't find anything wrong.  I WAS FURIOUS!  In order to treat me, there had to be something to treat.  I needed to be out of pain and anguish.

Watch this...........  MIRROR - I see an ungrateful wretch who doesn't know how blessed she is.  How dare I get mad over some clean tests?  Somebody had some tests done that day and found out they have a few months to live.  Somebody else had some tests done and found blockage, tumors, and various other issues that will take months of surgery.  What was I thinking?????  Yet, He saw fit to show forth His mercy to someone so unworthy.  He didn't let it pass without chastisement, however.  And I thank Him for the extra licks because I'll remember next time I go to complain about my shoes when someone else doesn't have any feet!

To me, He is so wonderful!  Just reflect today on where you could be.  Thank God for grace and mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment