Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sometimes Overwhelmed by Life?

Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.(Psalm 61:1-4 KJV)

These words never fail to comfort me when faced with adversity. It seems sometimes I would faint, but God strengthens me to stand. I encourage you today to relax under God's wings. He loves you, and wants only the best for you. Occasionally God has to forceably remove harmful things from our lives, and it may hurt at the time. Fire purifies, not only destroys. Trust that God has your future in mind, and He knows best.

You will look back on what you thought was the worst time in your life, and you will discover how much you've grown from that time, how venomous relationships ended, and how more beneficial things landed in your path since then. Choose to seek God with all your heart, and He will strengthen that heart. Please understand that brokeness is what God uses to bring wholeness.

When your heart is overwhelmed, cry out to God to lead you to the rock (Jesus). Spend time in prayer, praise, and worship. God wants to take you somewhere, but you have to surrender your desires, your plans, and yourself. Yield to God's direction for your life, and get out of your flesh. Stop looking at your reality, and look at God's ability. It seems I say that a lot these days, but there really is nothing too hard for God. We get overwhelmed, but He doesn't. We get surprised by life's happenings, but He doesn't. We get discouraged, but He doesn't. Take comfort in the words penned in Psalm 61. God has His hands on you!

No comments:

Post a Comment