Thursday, September 22, 2011

One Thing

One thing I have asked from the LORD, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the LORD And to meditate in His temple. (Psalm 27:4 NASB)

We ask God for so much day in and day out. Sometimes we should get alone with God to just seek His face. After all, one day with Him is better than a thousand elsewhere. When you get into that place with God, you can't even imagine how you survive outside of it. That feeling of peace, joy, and hope that exists in His presence cannot compare to anything else on this earth.

I just want one thing right now, and that is to dwell in the presence of the Lord. I need the fulness of joy, the blessed hope, and the peace that passes all understanding. I want God's will to be accomplished in my life. I want only His perfect plan for me; I need to fulfill the purpose He created my life to complete. The only way I am going to be all I can be is to meditate in God's temple, search His will, seek His face.

O, I want to see Him, look upon His face. There to sing forever of His saving grace. On the streets of glory, let me lift my voice. Cares all past, home at last, ever to rejoice!

No comments:

Post a Comment