Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Show Me YOU!

Then Moses said, "I pray You, show me Your glory!" (Exodus 33:18 NASB)

This prayer belongs to many believers all over the globe. God is so awe-inspiring, that it is impossible to contain our desperation for more of Him at every opportunity. The more of God we see, the more we want to see. The problem is that no flesh can enter into the presence of God. We can't see Him and live. That's why we must die daily to our fleshly desires, attitudes, and motivations. If we want to see God, our human-ness must be sacrificed.

If we remain in the natural (versus entering the spiritual), then all we will ever catch is a glimpse of God's magnificence. We will constantly be a step behind His glory, seeing where it has been, instead of where it currently is. It is so critically important that we constantly seek God's face, and stop begging so much. His blessings are in His presence. The fulness of joy is in His presence. His presence is more important than any physical need we may have. Moses understood how much he needed God's glory. The desire He had for God could not be sated by things.

I ask God now to show me His glory. God, show me You! I know if I see You, then my path will be illuminated by the light of Your glory. Lord, if I can only see You, I have a chance to make right decisions and seek Your will for my life. Better is one day in Your courts than a thousand elsewhere, so cast me not away from Your presence, Lord. Show me Your glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment