Saturday, October 15, 2011

I Can Make It

For the past month or so I have been severely discouraged about my calling, my purpose in life. It just felt like I wouldn't ever accomplish the vision God gave me. It occurs to me that He never gave me a time limit. If I could get it done in a year, what would be my purpose then?

My problem is that God allowed me to see a vision, and I wanted it to happen right now. That isn't how He works. I must prepare and be prepared for the process. The process is everything I have to go through to become the person God had in mind for that vision. It's more like He's saying, "This is where I want to take you, but you're not the you that you're going to be when this happens. Get ready for the transformation."

And I have surely changed and grown in the past year.....and I'm still not what God needs me to be to fulfill my purpose. I'm on step two, but He needs me to be at step 4,763. That's how far I have to go, and on the way there will be hills and valleys, ups and downs, joys and sorrows, victories and disappointments. But that's all part of the process. He's making me, and in some respects breaking me, but I can make it! I've come too far to give up. Philippians 4:13 is my mantra: I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me!

Please be patient with me; God is not through with me yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment