Friday, November 30, 2012

I Made a Vow to the Lord

Psalm 119:15 (ESV)
"I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways."
 
How can we be sure of what God has for us?  By studying His Word, listening to His voice, and meditating on His precepts.  It is very easy to get busy for the Lord, and lose sight of what exactly it is that He has called us to do.
 
Sometimes we just need to take a step back, meditate on His precepts, and fix our eyes on His ways.  Meditation on God's Word involves emptying our minds of all the clutter that we've collected over the years of what we should be doing, how we should be doing it, and where we should be doing it.  Often times that fresh word we've been asking God for is right under our noses.  The WORD has been there from the beginning, but our understanding of it evolves as our relationship with Him grows.
 
I made a vow to the Lord to trust Him, to believe in Him, and to have faith in what He is doing in my life.  I can't fulfill that vow without taking His yoke upon me and learning of Him.  Complete surrender involves complete trust.  I cannot give up this, but hold onto that and expect to truly know Him.  I have to give Him everything I have, everything I do, and everything I am - completely.  He will guide me into His perfect will for my life, day by day, and step by step.
 
I end with the words from a traditional song: I'm yours, Lord; everything I've got; everything I am; everything I'm not; I'm yours, Lord; try me now and see; see if I can be completely yours.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment