Friday, November 26, 2010

Keep Thanking Him

Andrae Crouch penned the words: "I don't know why Jesus loved me.  I don't know why He cared.  I don't know why He sacrificed His life.  Oh, but I'm glad.  I'm glad He did!"

If you continually think about the sacrifice that God the Father made by sending His only son, and the sacrifice Jesus made by laying down His life, everyday is Thanksgiving!  Sure, the United States sets aside the one day, but Christians should give thanks to God every day.  We weren't worthy of any such sacrifice.  He just loved us that much.  As the song says:  I don't know why... but I'm glad He did!

I Thessalonians 5:18 (King James Version) states:  "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."  I thank God that no matter what, He is still sovereign.  He remains on the throne, and He is mindful of me.  I cannot lose!  My sights should be set on God's glory.  Everything else will fall into place (or out of my way).  I can thank God when I don't feel good.  I can thank God when I have no money.  I can thank God when loved ones pass away.  How?  I have the victory in Jesus Christ.  Eternal life is mine!  Satan is defeated.  God reigns triumphantly FOREVER.

How can I not give thanks everyday in everything?  Focus, focus, focus!  I know how this war ends.  I'm already on the winning team.  I need to exercise my faith, so that it can grow stronger.  I have to believe that nothing is impossible for God, and I have to thank Him for it consistently.  Don't ever let a day go by that you don't tell God, "Thank you."

No comments:

Post a Comment