Friday, December 3, 2010

Stand Still (on Good Ground)

2 Chronicles 20:17 (King James Version) Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the LORD will be with you.

I find it comforting that all I need to do is stand still, and watch God work.  He doesn't tell me to run away and live to fight another day.  He tells me that I won't even need to fight in this battle; just stand there.  Let people talk about me, let them slander my name, let them rise up against me.  I will not fear, nor will I be dismayed, for the Lord is with me!

"Stand ye still" - What are you standing for?  I'm standing for holiness, righteousness, compassion, love, peace, mercy, goodness, faith, and the like.  If I stand on those values which God values, then I have the assurance that I won't be moved.  My enemies will flee from me as I continue to STAND on the Word of God.  You won't be able to stand still and see the salvation of the Lord if the ground you're standing on is gossip and slander.  If you feel restless, nervous, and fearful about the situation you are facing, look down at the ground you're standing on.  Is it sand or the Solid Rock?

I won't let the enemy chase me away from my God-given purpose, will you?  STAND STILL.  SEE THE SALVATION OF THE LORD.  I like that plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment