Monday, August 27, 2012

And Greater Works Than These

John 14:12 (KJV) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
 
As most Christians do, I marvel at the miraculous works that Jesus performed here on earth.  I often wonder how spectacular it would have been to follow Him around town, witnessing His divine power and His gentle nature.  How magnificent the healing experience if I could have but touched His clothes!
 
I get these 'nudges', I'll call them.  These whispers in my ear where the Lord asks "what about you?".  Excuse me, Lord?  What do you mean?  I read these scriptures all the time about abiding in the true vine and being a temple of the Holy Spirit.  Somehow, I tend to only view those things helping me to live everyday, but that's not ALL.
 
We have POWER!  We have divine abilities!  We have God's spirit within us to do these greater works that Jesus mentions.  What we need to do is exercise our faith in order to grow it to maturity.  It's our faith in God's ability to work through us that will heal the sick, bring lost souls to Christ, encourage the hearts of the down-trodden.
 
As we are tested, tried, and refined in the fire, our faith in God will grow.  We will be able to declare: "If You can use anything, Lord, You can use me!"  That's when we will begin to see miracles and wonders.  That's when our greater works will manifest themselves.  That's when we will refuse to allow anyone or anything to keep us from our God-ordained purpose in this life.  Have faith in God!  Believe in Jesus Christ!  Let the Holy Spirit dwell within you!

No comments:

Post a Comment