Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Called According to His Purpose

Sometimes I feel like the enemy is winning.  I know he's not, but when problem after problem after bad situation after conflict after miscommunication after disagreement occurs, it looks like he's got the upper hand.  It gets hard to press through some of life's foolishness at times, especially when the most hell is happening in what you thought was a safe place.

Satan's job is to steal, kill, and destroy.  Stealing your joy, killing your hope, and destroying your peace of mind are his most effective tools.  Once you've lost those, you become pretty ineffective for Kingdom building.  All you want to do is give up!  You wonder what's the point in trying if you're only going to fail.

God has designed your life for purpose.  If you can just keep your focus on God's Will for your life, all of life's disappointments won't distract you from that divine purpose.  I understand that our faith gets shaken by some of our trials, and we want to know why God allows certain things to happen.  It isn't always for us to know why.  All we need to recognize is that every setback, sucker punch, and sour grape is working to make us more like HIM.  It ultimately isn't about us anyway.

Galatians 2:20 (NASB) I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

Romans 8:28 (NASB) And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment