Friday, February 8, 2013

He's There

Where can I go from Your Spirit?  Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend to heaven, You are there;  If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the dawn,  If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, Even there Your hand will lead me,  And Your right hand will lay hold of me. (Psalms 139:7-10 NASB)

I find it very comforting to know that God is always there.  Even when I feel deserted or abandoned, He is still there.  Even when I cannot feel Him near, He is there.  During a brutal assault from the enemy, God is there.  He will never leave us alone.  I know I said the same thing last week, but I need to remind myself all the more that God is here with me.

I can count all my trials and temptations as joy because I know God is about to turn this thing around in my life.  He had to test me, to try my faith in Him.  He had to know He could trust me to trust Him.  When it comes right down to it, I wouldn't trade anything for my journey.  I wouldn't know God like I do if I never went through anything.  I give thanks in everything I go through because I know God is building character in me.

God is molding me into the me I need to be for the next level of glory.  As He grows my faith, I can be trusted to carry out His assignments His way.  Things won't have to be logical for me to obey His commands.  Even when I'm weary, I will follow Him.  Even when I can't figure out how it's gonna work out, I will trust Him.  He will always be with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment