Friday, February 15, 2013

The Secret to Peace

Sometimes we make things harder on ourselves because we are attempting to please people, rather than the LORD.  Unrealistic expectations that people place on us have nothing to do with our God-given purpose in life.  Maturity demands that we follow God’s direction for our lives, and let the crowds go their own way. 

What God has placed in you to do may not make sense to the crowds.  Even the religious crowds may be against you.  Perhaps last season you walked with those same crowds, but God has called you to a different route.  We are all on a journey, and my journey may not look like yours.  My destiny requires a different skill set than yours.  I need experiences that will develop the character traits that I need to fulfill my purpose.

No one has better plans for my life than my heavenly father.  He alone knows what it’s going to take for me to get from point A to point B in Him.  I have to trust Him and obey Him, even when people don’t understand.  When I deviate from God’s plan and do what people expect, frustration, discouragement, confusion and mayhem overtake me.  God gives a peace that passes all understanding, and I prefer that peace over the expectations of man any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment