Sunday, February 24, 2013

I Owe Him At Least That Much

O Lord, You are my God;  I will exalt You, I will give thanks to Your name;  For You have worked wonders, Plans formed long ago, with perfect faithfulness. (Isaiah 25:1 NASB)

God deserves my praise.  I can't speak about His faithfulness to you, but I know He has never failed me!  Even in His silence I have received what I need at the perfect time in my life.  He's a wonder in my soul.  He created the plans for my life before mankind ever existed.  He knew my name at the beginning of time.

How could I not serve a God like Yahweh?  He deserves so much more than I am capable of giving.  I don't have the means to offer the sacrifices of which He is worthy, but I have me.  I'm not much on my own, but covered by the blood of Jesus, I can offer my life in service to the Lord.

I am humbled that God would continue to bless me and grant me His favor, when I have only this shabby offering of myself.  I must live a life of holiness, pleasing to the Lord my God.  Although I will never be worthy of His unfailing love, I can do what He's asked of me.  That is my reasonable service, and I owe Him at least that much.


No comments:

Post a Comment