Friday, February 1, 2013

Never Alone!


Hebrews 13:5b (NASB) …for He Himself has said, “I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you,”
Every now and then, I just need a reminder that God is with me.  Today was obviously one of those days because I woke up with the old hymn “Never Alone” on my heart, and I’ve been singing it all day.  He PROMISED never to leave me, never to leave me alone!  God’s promises are better than our greatest plans.  No matter what I’m going through, God is with me.

Psalm 23:4 is also a wonderful comfort when I am feeling abandoned and left to wade through dire circumstances. “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.” (NASB)  I don’t have to be afraid because the LORD is with me.  Even in the midst of evil, God’s correction and protection are my safety.

Where can I flee from God’s presence?  Psalm 139 answers that for me.  If I ascend to heaven or make my bed in hell, God is there.  God is always there.  The question really isn’t about God’s presence, but rather my acknowledgement of His promises.  If He said He would never leave me nor forsake me, then I should believe Him.  If God told me to cast my cares on Him because He cares for me, then I should do just that.  I need to take God at His Word, rest on His promises, and take comfort in His presence.  “No, never alone; no, never alone. He promised never to leave me; never to leave me alone!”

No comments:

Post a Comment